GET PAID ON CLICKING AD!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

High Heeled Ladies Wedge Sandals and a Blind Date

I have three pairs of shoes near the front door. Two of them are wedge sandals. One pair is my favorite Kork-ease sandals I use for everything, and the others are designer wedge shoes that have a lower heal so I don't totally destroy the others when I water the garden. The third pair are not wedge shoes but red stilettos for dancing and in general killing myself (in a very sexy style) as I walk the endless stone steps of the AlbaicĂ­n in Granada near where I live.
Barcelona Wedge Sandals
Now, inside my closet, that is quite another shoe story. I have some cork wedge sandals...well, actually, I have piles and piles of wedge sandals, but I'm going to tell you about only one pair that I bought in Barcelona. They have a sassy strap of stripped multicolored fabric around the ankle and are otherwise beige leather with a high cork wedge heel. This pair of shoes comes with a tale.
You see, I needed a new pair of shoes, with the word NEEDED being relative to the fact that I had a blind date (this was just before I met my husband three years ago) and so I went into a shop and fell in love with these wedge sandals that are about 4 inches high, which made me over 6 feet tall, but I didn't care. I happily wore my sexy wedges to the plaza nearest to the Picasso Museum where I was to meet my friend's friend on my blind date adventure.
When the gentleman arrived we both looked at each other and immediately began to laugh. He was about 5 foot nothing, and although very charming and handsome, had not expected to meet a woman twice his height...well not quite but my new sassy, sexy wedge sandals hadn't helped the situation. We quickly left the museum and wandered toward the beach where I immediately removed my sandals and carried them the rest of the afternoon (by those oh so sassy little ankle straps) and continued went barefoot.
The relationship never went beyond a laughingly good friendship, and I later met my husband, who was much taller than me and loved my super high-heeled wedge shoes. But I often get a little laugh when I see those cork wedges in my closet and remember the look on my date's face as he strained to look up into my eyes and introduce himself.
So, if you're looking for ladies wedge sandals for a blind date, it may be a good idea to give your friend a call (or whoever set you up) and ask, "I'm about to buy some new shoes, how tall is my date?"
Visit my Ladies Wedge Sandals Website to find out more about the latest fashion in wedge shoes and where you can find the best Online deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GET PAID ON CLICKING ADS!